About the company
This business is a small but established technical consulting firm with a rich history of supporting projects in the construction and development space, specifically they provide heritage consultancy on the development of large building projects and major infrasatructure projects. With secured contracts on major projects they are going through a rapid growth phase, and now seek to put higher focus on the management of their business so as to enable them to take the business to a new level.
About the role
The Operations Manager/COO role is a newly created position to drive improvement in the back end of the business, as a newly created role this is an area that has had little focus in the past which means there will be significant 'low hanging fruit.' As the business grows it requires the systems, processes and leadership to ensure that growth is sustainable, and that efficiences are found in the back end. You'll have accountability for accounting, commercials (such as tenders and requests for price, pricing of servce), systems and processes, supplier management, enablement, and indeed all critical aspects of running a successful business.
We're looking for an experienced operations manager fitting the following:
- Relevant tertiary degree
- Experienced in operations management with sole point accountability for operations, finance, commercials etc
- Familiar with businesses supplying services into the construction/development space
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sustained improvement to business operations
- Can effectively build relationships and manage suppliers providing critical business services (accounting, OHS, legal etc)
- Able to manage the ambiguity of running smaller businesses
- Understanding of what 'good' looks like, and how to get there in a sustainable way
For an operations professional available at short notice, this is a real opportunity to make something your own, working directly with the founders and owners of the business. Success in this position means becoming a key player of a growing company at the ground floor, with significant opportunity to make a difference.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion