About the company
Our client are a reputable family owned business with two widely respected brands across the food service and retail space. From the distribution centres they produce artisan food products of exceptional quality with locally sourced ingredients supporting the Australian farming industry. With the ongoing growth of their retail footprint, they are looking for an experienced individual to support the retail operations of their 4 store locations in this newly created role. This role will also support in the expansion of the business into new locations.
About the role
Reporting through to the Operations Manager and leading a team of up to 50-80 people within the packing team.
This role includes managing and coordinating activities of staff in the packing department. A large emphasis on rostering and recruiting employees as the business grows. Reporting on operations and ensure procedures are in place to efficiently pack and pick manufactured food products.
The Operations production Manager leads a performance-driven culture and a team who collaborate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders, maximising customer service levels and optimal distribution network efficiency.
Skills & Experience
- A track record of success in warehousing production and distribution environment in the food/dairy manufacturing industry.
- Experience coordinating large teams of people and managing diverse individuals.
- Experience leading teams and building the capability of individuals in an environment where safety is paramount.
- You will be tech savvy and have experience using a number of software programs such as Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- An ability to analyse process and procedures to ensure that targets are met and standards adhered to, in line with company policy..
Please click on the apply button or call Mark Yeoman on 03 8613 3534 for details.