headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds. This covers four core areas of support: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. headspace has 110 centres nationally, and has to date, provided over 2 million services to young Australians. With the support of corporate partners, headspace have recently developed an innovative new service that sees young people breaking into the world of work with assistance from industry volunteers. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of this program, there is a brand new opportunity to join headspace as their program Partnerships Manager.
The Partnerships Development Manager is responsible for developing and nurturing corporate and philanthropic relationships to generate financial and volunteering partnerships for this specialised vocational support program. The role will leverage current key partnerships whilst building and assessing a pipeline of new potential partners to support the program.
Sitting within the program team, the Partnerships Development Manager will focus on the acquisition of new organisations and funding opportunities to establish sustainable long-term agreements with a shared value focus. The role will include all aspects of business development and relationship management, including working with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with the aim to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes for headspace and its partners.
This role is a 2 year contract, in line with current funding.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Partnerships Development Manager will have:
- a huge appetite for business development and acquisition of new partners and funding opportunities, from researching to pitching, presenting and securing business
- demonstrated examples of developing successful corporate partnership / sponsorship agreements across a variety of industries
- an innovative approach to corporate partnerships - seeking creative, collaborative and sustainable outcomes
- a high-level of commercial acumen and attention to detail, with exemplary research and analytical skill sets
- an ability to thrive in a target driven team
- advanced negotiation and contract management skills
- excellent relationship management skills across complex senior stakeholder groups
- a collaborative working style, with exceptional interpersonal skills
- a broad understanding of the Australian mental health services system and/or education and employment systems would be advantageous
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3598.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.