About the company
The District Docklands (TDD) is on a journey to become a fully integrated urban village offering unique indoor, outdoor and omni channel experiences. It is a destination for locals or visitors to Melbourne to live, shop, work, play, eat, stay and be entertained. It is evolving into one of Melbourne's newest inner‐ city neighbourhoods and "Home of Melbourne's top attractions", including the iconic Melbourne Star, ArtVo and last summer's sell out immersive play experience, Imaginaria.
TDD is seeking a focused Partnerships & Events professional to drive commercial partnerships that create unforgettable memories and experiences for precinct visitors.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Precinct & Customer Experience, and working alongside the Marketing & Programs Manager, you will deliver a world class destination event and partnerships program that TDD will become known for.
- Design and deliver the precinct partnerships strategy across residential, commercial and retail, precinct neighbours, charity and community segments
- Develop three-year visitor activations/place‐making strategy to target growth from the most valuable segments
- Build frameworks and tools to bring TDD to life through activations, events and partnerships
- Identify and secure key partners that will deliver commercial results, brand growth and a positive customer experience
- Drive the PR strategy to amplify voice and build awareness around events and partnerships
Although hours will primarily be Monday to Friday, as a destination for locals or visitors to Melbourne, occasional after hours and weekend work is required.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar partnerships and events role delivering iconic and memorable activations, events and experiences
- Previous experience in Venue and Events, Tourism, Hospitality, Gaming, Arts, Theatre, Music or Tourism industries on large scale, best in class destination events and activations - e.g., festivals, entertainment, attractions
- Ability to work in a lean, agile, test and learn working environment
- Broad sales, marketing (trade and consumer) background and understanding
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management experience with the ability to influence and negotiate commercial outcomes
- Can do, hands on attitude and approach, who works as a part of a team
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.