- 12-month fixed term contract role / Part-Time (3 days per week)
- Southeast suburb location / Working in Office Only
- Work for a global leader in equine nutrition
This maternity leave cover role balances payroll tasks with HR responsibilities within an organisation of approx. 100 people.
About the company
Our client is a global leader in equine nutrition for performance and wellness, based in the south eastern region of Victoria - the heart of the local equine industry. Their product range includes a range of feed and supplements, serving the racing, equestrian, breeding and lifestyle segments. With the majority owned by a leading Australian private equity group, the group also acquired another feed producing group, creating a clear market leadership position in Australia. The business is growing rapidly, with exports to 30 countries and is currently establishing operations in the US.
About the role
We are seeking someone immediately available for this 12-month maternity leave contract role. This part-time role (Monday, Wednesday & Friday Flexi day) is based in the south-eastern suburbs. Our client has approx. 100 staff in VIC and NSW.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for both processing payroll and HR duties.
You will be responsible for:
- End-to-end weekly payroll for two entities and end-to-end monthly payroll for four entities
- Sending weekly Labour Hire timesheets
- Processing and payment of quarterly superannuation contributions
- Processing and payment of payroll tax as required
- Liaising with staff and management across a range of sites for all payroll related enquiries
You will be responsible for:
- Drafting employment contracts, maintaining up to date employee records, induction of new employees, and coordinating employee termination processes including exit interviews and final pays
- Arranging recruitment activities, including posting of job advertisements/ liaising with recruiters, coordinating interviews and preliminary screening of received applicants
- Assisting the CEO with any urgent HR & WHS policy creation, review or update
- Producing the HR report on a monthly basis as well as other requested data as required
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience in a Payroll environment displaying a sound understanding of payroll processes
- 2-3 years' experience in a HR environment
- Working knowledge of current Australian payroll, taxation, and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of superannuation
- An organised approach to work, excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Employment Hero/Hero Pay & Pronto software experience desirable but not necessary
How to Apply:
Please apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Due to a high volume of applications, those who are well suited to the role will be contacted only.