About the organisation
SANE Australia is the leading organisation making a real difference for the five million people affected by complex mental health issues nationally. Australians affected by complex mental health issues - such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, complex trauma, and severe depression and anxiety - experience major barriers in accessing quality, affordable support, and face high levels of stigma and discrimination.
SANE is committed to changing this reality through its digital and phone counselling, peer support services, arts programming and services, and advocacy and research programs. This is an exciting time to join SANE, as it embarks on its biggest growth and transformation in 35 years under a new CEO and leadership team.
About the role
SANE Australia has big ambitions for increasing its impact and awareness nationally, and this will be pivotal in supporting a new Philanthropy Manager to drive donor relations across several fundraising verticals.
Working with a new CEO and reporting to the Director of Communications and Engagement, this is a unique opportunity to excel in a 'green fields' environment, helping to change the shape and direction of SANE's philanthropy portfolio across Major Giving, Bequests and Trusts and Foundations. This is a relationship driven role, working at a strategic level to identify and drive impact for untied funding for programs and services. This role has one direct report (Fundraising Coordinator).
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified in commerce, business, marketing or similar field experience
- A strong track record of developing and delivering philanthropic programs with demonstrated ROI
- Professional experience in donor relations/philanthropy in the NFP sector
- Highly developed relationship management expertise and proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM to deliver strong data driven strategies for donor relations
- Strong communication and copywriting skills with demonstrated ability to successfully deliver grant funding
- Experience managing high net worth individual givers, including identifying opportunities for new funding
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven record of building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders linked with business goals and growth.
- A strategic thinker and a proactive 'doer', you enjoy owning projects and making your mark
- Donor event management skills
SANE Australia welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. They are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well-equipped and motivated to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by complex mental health issues. Staff at SANE Australia benefit from generous not-for-profit salary packaging options, flexible work arrangement and an additional paid Reflection Leave per year after completing 12 months of service.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application!
Please note, if you are interested in applying for this opportunity, it is a mandatory requirement that you will need to undertake a Police Check and Working With Children Check at the offer stage.
Back to job search