Since their establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, they play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Within the Fundraising and Communication Division, the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit is responsible for delivering significant and sustainable income from major donors, charitable trusts and foundations and corporate partners.
The Philanthropy Manager role is an exciting opportunity to work strategically with Cancer Council's most generous supporters and prospects. With a passion for philanthropy and genuine support of our vision, your efforts will ensure significant and long-term financial investment for Cancer Council's priority programs.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships, your role is to:
- Implement strategies to deliver meaningful and financially successful relationships with a portfolio of major donors, charitable trusts and foundations
- Match the interests and priorities of major donors and trusts and foundations with the funding needs of Cancer Council's programs and mission
- Deliver sustainable income growth through genuine relationship management and sophisticated fundraising asks
- Maximise the potential of existing and prospective supporters through dynamic, tailored and one-on-one personal engagement, targeted communications, visits and events
- Build and grow a major donor pipeline while ensuring the accuracy and sensitivity of reporting and record keeping.
Skills and experience
You will thrive as Philanthropy Manager if you are results-driven, are passionate, have a genuine interest in people and are not afraid to 'make the ask' to increase supporter engagement in Cancer Council Victoria's mission.
Ideally you will have degree qualifications in a related relevant discipline, or equivalent experience, combined with:
- Proven success securing major donations and fundraising bids in a not-for-profit setting, or transferable skills from a sales environment
- Demonstrated interest in the philanthropic sector and an understanding of current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges
- Diplomatic relationship management and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to maintain productive and long-term engagements with high value supporters or customers
- Proven success in managing budgets and achieving financial objectives.
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential discussion, please call Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retained recruitment partner for this assignment. All submissions will be forwarded to Six Degrees for review.