About the company
Are you dreaming of a career where you love arriving at work each day? Our client is a major player in the larger format retail space, with stores located both Australia wide and internationally. For over 40+ years they have designed innovative quality products for the whole family, acting with the people and planet front of mind. Their staff live and breathe the company values and they encourage a creative culture internally. They do things differently and that's how they like it.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Planning Manager to join a growing team, of innovators. This role would suit an experienced Planning Manager, who is seeking to join a large format retailer. The ideal candidate would have experience managing a team of Merchandise Planners to deliver exceptional commercial results, responsible for the delivery of financial KPIs with the Merchandise function. You will influence category development including range, space and merchandising plans to drive growth in footfall, sales and profit. This is a highly strategic and hands on position.
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the Planning Teams across all departments
- Total group OTB and stock management, forecasting and analysis across multiple channels and countries
- Establishment and alignment of company merchandise plans to deliver sales growth, profitability and performance
- Manage key critical path processes across both retail and wholesale planning teams, including budgeting, forecasting, pre, post and current season analysis, and assortment planning
- Determine price strategies and pricing architecture
- Systemise planning processes and system improvements to drive better efficiencies within the planning environment
- Management of Merchandise Reporting and leading weekly trade meetings to provide pro-active and commercial recommendations to support trade improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced management skills in leading and mentoring the planning teams
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen with pro-active commercial recommendations and follow up actions to support trade improvements
- A positive "can do" attitude, and a passion for delivering results
- A proven track record of interpreting market trends and executing strategic plans
- The ability to work collaboratively and manage key relationships across all levels to effectively deliver the business strategy
- An understanding of the critical path elements and their impact on delivery and profitability
- Confidence and engagement in your communication style and the ability to deliver and present data at various levels across the business
- Advanced excel skills, strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Proven experience in a Senior Planning or Planning Manager role within a retail environment and large size Planning teams
Love working with a team of motivated, passionate and supportive individuals in an inspiring work-space. With employee benefits including a generous 60% team member discount, access to our full suite of workshops including complimentary gift, a paid day off on your birthday and referral and bonus incentives You'll also enjoy great opportunities for learning and career development through coaching and an online learning platform.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.