About the company
This nationally recognised Australian manufacturing business is a market leader in their specific space. Currently there exists an opportunity for an Operations Manager to lead their site in the wider Shepparton region.
About the role
As the Site Manager you have the ability to think strategically and make smart business decisions while also leading the day to day operations of the site. You are an enabler of growth and cost efficiency.
Strategy & Development
- Lead the creation and implementation of best practice operations vision, strategies, processes, policies & procedures to improve overall operations performance.
- Be the key driver for Continuous Improvement processes onsite; Lead and sponsor the culture of LEAN and continuous improvement across the site.
- Manage all areas of plant production to deliver products that meet the quality, cost, volume and service criteria.
- Increase production, assets capacity while minimising waste.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity, metrics and performance targets ensuring effective return on assets and throughput.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure accurate level volume of production for each product produced.
- Oversee all maintenance and specific capital engineering activities onsite.
- Ensure the safety of all employees onsite, committing to and setting standards on work safe procedures and lead work safe behaviours.
- Add capability to the senior management team influencing and providing direction across operations and manufacturing.
- Lead in a proactive way to achieve optimal results across the site with the ability to engage across all levels onsite.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other key senior stakeholders within the business.
Financial & Budget Control:
- Plan and prepare all operations budget and forecasts. Responsible for achieving budget and forecast.
Skills & Experience
This is an exciting and integral role within the business for future growth and your experience and skill set will include the following:
- Manufacturing/Industry Exposure - A minimum of 5 years + Broad Financial & Operational experience covering Production Management, Raw material Procurement, Logistics / warehousing etc
- Continuous Improvement - Can demonstrate examples of implementing a continuous improvement culture and systems
- Financial management - Managed budgets, operational expenditure, capital expenditure.
- SAP experience
- FMCG Industry experience would be desirable.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact David Oliver for a confidential discussion on 0410 950 370