About the Company
Our client is global food manufacturer supplying Australia and exporting around the world. They have a full time opportunity for an experienced Plant Manager in their Sunshine Coast plant to grow and develop through the business.
About the Role
The Plant Manager - will lead the Supply Chain function for Gourmet Garden Australia. Responsible for leading and implementing the Supply Chain Strategy across the Palmwoods site. The implementation of this strategy will guide the implementation of operational policies, programs and initiatives to ensure maximum operating unit efficiency and profitabilty. This role will have an Operational, Tactical and Strategic focus for the site.
The Role will Involve;
- Ensure that the Operational activities and structures of the plant are linked to the strategic imperatives of the organisation in consultation with other regional leaders
- Formulate medium and long term Operational strategies based on objectives, policies and programs within the context of the overall corporate plan and, when appropriate, recommend standards and set targets/objectives
- Provide overall management of Gourmet Garden Operations, including personnel, technological resources and assets. Establish measurement tools to monitor and improve performance
- In conjunction with relevant leadership and local functional management, develop talent to ensure correct alignment to meet both current and future business and customers requirements
- Ensure activities related to the function comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards and OH&S legislation - including plant, systems of work, training, instruction and supervision
- Personal involvement and support of strategic projects when required
- Support capital expenditure programs across the site to ensure cost effectiveness and optimization, including factory/warehouse shutdowns, relocations and upgrades
- Foster and encourage innovation and CCI in areas such as manufacturing optimization, process engineering, process improvement, process/technology adoption, procurement strategies & optimised logistics
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a level of skill commensurate with 5 to 10 years' specialist management experience within the food industry and have an intimate understanding of procurement, quality, production utilizng innovative manufacturing technologies as well as appropriate "best practice" principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of all areas within the Operations function and how their processes and resources interact with each other to achieve the functional objectives is required. A strong understanding of the industry and commercial awareness is required to understand the relative positioning of the company's products versus the competition
- The job requires good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to use them in informing, training, negotiating and problem solving with a wide range of people, often from different cultures and backgrounds
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader in the FMCG sector in a leadership position, with opportunities to grow and develop your career in the picturesque Sunshine Coast.
Please apply on the link below or call Daniel Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.