About the organisation
Our client is a peak national association focused on delivering positive mental health outcomes. They are committed to researching, developing and influencing policy that will champion positive change in the sector. They also exist to advocate on behalf of their membership on key issues. An opportunity exists to join this talented policy team in an advisory role.
About the role
As Policy Officer, you will be responsible for policy development, research, analysis and evaluation and consultation. You will utilise your exceptional communications skills to manage a variety of stakeholder relationships and craft submissions that will influence key issues. Working closely with internal stakeholders as well as members and government representatives, your policy and advocacy advice will help make positive changes in the healthcare space.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Experience working in policy, or working alongside policy teams previously
- Knowledge of public policy in healthcare or broader government is desired
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A background in writing detailed submissions with positive outcomes
- A problem-solving attitude and strong project management
- The ability to identify and manage key stakeholder groups
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research technical issues
How to apply
Click the button, or call Danielle Bennetto on (03) 8613 3598 for a confidential conversation. If this doesn't quite feel like the role for you, but you know of someone in your network who may be interested, please do pass it on!