- Exciting new role for highly intelligent, super capable operations or project manager
- Join a fast paced commercially focused philanthropic organisation and make a difference
- Attractive salary package working for organisation with outstanding culture
The Susan McKinnon Foundation is an independent, non-partisan philanthropic organisation founded in 2015 by a Melbourne based tech entrepreneur. The Foundation is passionate about supporting initiatives that improve long term decision making in Australia, in the belief that improving our policy making system will deliver the greatest impact on economic and social outcomes. This covers building the capability of our political leaders, supporting campaigns that improve the accountability and transparency of our political system and reducing threats to our democracy, such as the decline of quality public interest journalism. In 2021, SMF is expanding its operations to include climate and public policy, and over the next 5 years will become one of Australia's largest philanthropic foundations.
This newly created Portfolio Manager- Philanthropy position is a pivotal first step toward gearing up for the Foundation's rapid expansion. Over the next 12 months the Foundation plans to more than double its financial base and grow the team accordingly. Reporting to the Director, the Portfolio Manager- Philanthropy will be responsible for managing a range of relationships and programs. This includes building strong relationships with existing grant recipients to drive innovation and identify opportunities to maximise program impact. Planning and managing timelines is key, as well as identifying and managing potential risks and developing and delivering communications to external and internal stakeholders.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this exciting Portfolio Manager - Philanthropy role, you will have:
- An innovative mindset and be solutions focused
- A track record of managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects or operations and strong time management
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen easily applied to a range of projects
- The passion to make a huge difference
- Commercial experience
To apply, please click the apply now button or for a confidential discussion, please contact Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3518