About the Company
This business is the sole manufacturer of plastic (polyethylene & polymers) in Australia. This is a large-scale major hazard business located in the western suburbs of Melbourne. This business is seeking a cover for a maternity leave contract. This will be a minimum of 12 months with possible extension.
About the Role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this Process Engineer will part of a larger team of Process Engineers, developing safe, operable and cost-effective process design projects that meet project objectives.
Skills & Experience
This is an exciting and integral role within the business for future growth and your experience and skill set will include the following:
- Undertake investigation/resolution of specified SHE related concerns (Implementation of risk management database/Incident investigations)
- Pro-actively contribute to the identification, elimination, or management of SHE risks
- Provide back-up support to the site contact engineers in resolution of plant process upsets.
- Participate in Plant Hazop program/incident investigations
- Monitor performance/maintain effectiveness of plant processes
- Identify/analyse potential process improvement opportunities
- Use the opportunity for improvement and project development processes to implement and document approved process changes
- Determine/contribute to project scoping and planning
- Ensure safe commissioning of new or modified plant equipment
- Make effective contribution as required to Process Development, Project Engineering and Plant Fixed and Rotating Equipment teams
Key attributes required:
- Chemical or Process Engineering, which is acceptable to the Institution of Engineers Australia, for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer
- Experience from a chemical or heavy industry is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in Process Design Engineering. Demonstrated experience in:
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Applying / implementing new technology and processes
- Active participant in major projects
- Developing and implementing process design standards and techniques
- Personal development mindset
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Emma O'Donnell on for a confidential discussion quoting reference number 24166.