About the company
A global consumer goods business focused within the home improvement and construction industries, our client is a market leader experiencing strong year on year growth in the ANZ region. With increased investment and focus on their supply chain and procurement team, they now have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Category Lead to join the business.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Procurement Manager ANZ, this role will have responsibility for:
- Leading category management strategies in accordance with key business stakeholders, and driving initiatives for sub-categories based on maximising value
- Negotiating contracts that are robust and optimise outcomes for the business
- Ensuring that category reporting is accurate and meets deadlines
- Proactively managing supplier performance and ensuring there's a high level of customer engagement
- Providing research into current and emerging markets/suppliers relevant to each category
Experience & skills required for the role:
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably within business, data, finance or procurement/supply chain
- Demonstrated experience as a Procurement Lead and/or Category Manager, and having worked across a broad range of categories such as Supply Chain, IT, Travel and Corporate
- A proven track record in leading negotiations, and vendor and contract management within complex categories
- Ability to work autonomously and hit the ground running
- Prior leadership experience would be advantageous
About the culture:
Join a collaborative and supportive organisation with global offices undergoing a change agenda within ANZ. With flexible working arrangements and a focus on learning and development, our client is passionate about putting employees first.
How to apply:
Please 'Apply Now' and forward your CV with cover letter outlining your experience. You can also contact Christine Armadass at Six Degrees Executive on 03 8613 3513.