About the company
A global group is looking for an experienced procurement professional to join their established team on a 12 month contract with a view to becoming permanent. Reporting into a Category Manager with a spend of $320m you will have real autonomy to implement and deliver procurement projects.
- Gather freight and logistics category market intelligence and complete analysis work to identify key insights and interpretations that inform category management thinking.
- Calculation and tracking of key market and rate related data including fuel prices and TransEco indices.
- Review and categorisation of spend maps including complete of data analysis and interpretation.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive the implementation.
- Responsible for supporting or directly managing RFX / sourcing activities.
- Contribute to the preparation, development and execution of negotiation strategies as agreed by the Category Manager and cross-functional stakeholder groups to maximise value and secure optimal terms and conditions.
· MCIPS accredited or studying towards accreditation (desirable).
· Three-five years' experience in sourcing / procurement and analysis.
· Excellent analytical skills and strategic analysis, both internally and to the external market.
· Good research skills for understanding the external market.
· Problem-solving skills, using reason, analysis and ROI are crucial.
· Good communications and presentation skills.
· High level negotiation and influencing skills
· High level of computer literacy with deep skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
· Ability to work in a calm manner, prioritise competing demands and solve enquiries efficiently.
· A flexible, team-work approach to tasks and responsibilities.
· Experience in pulling data feeds from ERP systems such as SAP and JDE (desirable).
· Experience in using SAP Business Warehouse intelligence suite (desirable).
· Experience in using eSourcing tools such as ARIBA and SAP eSourcing.
How to Apply
To apply online click 'Apply' or if you would like a confidential discussion about this role please contact Catherine Laws at / 02 8024 7155.