Our client is a not-for-profit food relief organisation that partners with the entire Australian food and grocery sector to supply front-line charities nationally with the stocks they need to address hunger in the community. This involves working with farmers, wholesalers, manufacturers and retailers to source fresh and manufactured foods.
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join their collaborative team based in North Ryde.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing record
- Work with suppliers to ensure best sustainable pricing
- Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships
- Manage the purchasing cycle, including generating requisitions and PO creation
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials
- Manage and resolve issues regarding purchase order relating to invoice discrepancies
- Identify and resolve any existing and potential supply chain issues
- Database management using an ERP
To be successful for this role, you don't need to have procurement experience, but you do need to have previous administration experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical capabilities and proficient user in excel
- Excellent stakeholder management, organisation and influencing skills
- Proactive mindset to look at more effective use of resources
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Procurement. There will also be progression opportunities within the organisation.
Click on APPLY NOW or contact Kirsty Burton on for further information.