About the organisation
Our client is a leading utilities business with a national footprint and is a market leader in their industry. With a national head office based out of North Sydney they are looking to strengthen their procurement team with a Procurement Officer on a 6 month engagement.
About the role
Reporting to the Procurement Manager (In-directs), you will be responsible for managing procurement initiatives with an increased focus on supplier collaboration.
You will also be responsible for:
- The effective management of challenging stakeholders, both internally and externally, in order to deliver improved results across cost, delivery, and quality of service
- The analysis of current contracts and putting forward recommendations for the improvement of processes/procedures
- Sourcing and securing goods and services to support business requirements and that are in line with regulatory and company policies
About the candidate
You will be a procurement professional with end to end category management experience within a corporate environment.
- Experience working in a complicated business with a large supplier base and the management of a large spend
- Proven stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to implement strategy and project management experience
If you are immediately available for a new contract, then please apply ASAP!