About the Company
Our client is a publicly listed Australian organisation with manufacturing operations around the world. They are headquartered in Melbourne and have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced procurement professional to lead their procurement operations team for a fixed term of 12 months.
About the Role
Reporting through to the supply chain manager and leading a team of buyers, the procurement operations manager has overall accountability for leading both direct and indirect procurement and supplier performance activities. Key accountability includes:
- Building the capability of buyers around sourcing, negotiation, purchase planning and supplier management.
- Minimising supply risk for the business in a fast paced, seasonal and NPD driven organisation.
- Continuing to develop analysis and reporting processes on supplier performance, and the generation of SLA and supply contracts.
- The timely and accurate relaying of information around spend and supplier performance to the supply chain manager, for use in their decision making.
- Overseeing the RFX process - including overseeing the preparation of documents for RFI's and RFP's.
Skills & Experience
- Sourcing, category management or supplier management experience in an organisation with mature procurement processes.
- A demonstrated track record of building high performing individuals and teams.
- Clear leadership capability, with first class influencing and written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on (03) 8613 3556 for a confidential discussion.