About the company
Our client is a leading publicly listed services organisation with national operations headquartered in central Melbourne. Due to continued growth in the region and a recent restructuring of the procurement function, they have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join them in the capacity of procurement specialist.
About the role
Reporting through to the Procurement Manager in this stand-alone position, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for taking ownership of a range of supply categories to support broader supply chain and business objectives. Key accountability includes:
- Conducting market and spend analysis and providing recommended strategies for assigned categories.
- Developing and maintaining a regional contract management system.
- Running end to end market engagements for assigned categories in accordance with broader procurement strategy.
- Professionally engaging current and potential suppliers to achieve value based outcomes for all assigned categories.
Skills & Experience
- An understanding of the fleet management or automotive industry sectors would be an advantage.
- Analytically minded, yet with first class communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- A procurement background that includes spend and market analysis and pricing and contract negotiation.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Christine Armadass on (03) 8613 3513 for a confidential discussion.