About the company
A global business who is widely recognised as a market leader in consumer products with a focus on active lifestyles. They produce a range of electromechanical devices from a variety of materials and supply to a broad range of international markets including the US and Europe. Based in the inner Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, they are currently seeking to add a talented Design Manager to the team.
About the role
The Product Design Manager's primary focus will be the management of a team of talented designers and engineers and ensuring that new products are delivered on time and to the companies high standards. You will provide leadership in the form of coaching and development of individuals whilst ensuring the team remains engaged in common goals. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of product design, process, documentation and quality specifications.
- Initiate, review and approve drawings and documentation with respect to design and manufacturing criteria.
- Conducting all work in a thorough, systematic and documented method.
- Providing technical support and conducting product testing and failure analysis.
- Ensuring the adherence to drawing standards, storage and security is maintained.
- Developing and protecting the intellectual property of the company.
Skills & Experience
This role will rely on your experience as a Product Design Manager within a consumer products environment and your knowledge of offshore manufacturing. You will be highly motivated and passionate about leadership of teams and developing a high performance culture. Your background will also include:
- Degree qualifications in Design or Engineering;
- Experience working with a variety of materials including polymers:
- Clear understanding of the design for manufacturing process and knowledge of quality systems and standards;
- Proficiency with 2D/3D design modelling (SolidWorks / OnShape);
The company has experienced outstanding growth in recent years and retains the vibrant, entrepreneurial spirit that has made it so successful to date. They have a highly attractive working environment and generous incentive scheme that should make any Product Design Manager sit up and take notice.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY18827.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.