About the company
Our client is a young and dynamic FMCG business who are known for their values of passion and imagination within the organic food and beverage space. Consistent innovation has been key to their success which has seen significant growth year on year. Their culture is defined by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, which pushes the boundaries, encourages unconventional methods and thrives on challenge! Due to their immense growth, they are set to launch in the Australian market later this year and require an energetic and forward-thinking Product Manager to join the Melbourne based team.
About the role
This Product Manager role will champion the brand presence in Australia, leading the relationship with co-packers and suppliers to drive NPD for the Australian market. This role is an exciting opportunity for a product developer / technologist who is ready to make a step into an entrepreneurial environment & make their mark on enterprising young business. You will report into the Innovation Manager based overseas & be responsible for managing the quality of the existing product range, plus developing new products alongside the innovation team. This role will involve rolling up your sleeves & getting stuck in! You may work on multiple projects at a time and will be responsible for guiding each project to success whilst navigating any challenges along the way.
- Build and lead relationships with co-packers, suppliers and key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Collaborate with the international innovation team to execute new products in Australia;
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and / or improvements on recipe, process or packaging without compromising brand values;
- Manage COGS for all NPD;
- Identify and monitor consumer and food trends and apply them to the NPD programme, making the case for new concepts to enter the short & medium term pipeline;
- Lead the NPD process, ensuring 100% launches are on time and all gates are observed;
- Attend trade shows & seminars to grow your knowledge and keep abreast of trends;
- Manage quality documentations and records;
- Work alongside the NPD team to develop and innovate;
- Work closely and support the sales team;
- 5+ years' food tech experience, preferably in food FMCG & in a manufacturing environment
- You have a strong technical ability and scientific background, with a degree in food technology or a science related discipline
- You're a passionate foodie who is comfortable with recipe development & formulation
- You have creative flair and are not frightened to challenge the norm
- You are as at ease with technical and quality matters as you are with NPD
- You have strong commercial acumen
- You are comfortable and agile in working in an environment with limited systems and processes
- You are innovative, action focused, collaborative and know how to deliver results quickly. We want you to experiment & be comfortable with getting your hands dirty!
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number D16173.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.