About the company
Our client is a wholly owned and operated Australian a luxury gift service in Australia. The business deliver a high quality gift offering, attracting a wide scale of consumers across both personal and corporate businesses.
The organization demonstrates a difference through it's quality, outstanding service and exceptional high standards and continues to expand at a rapid pace. The business is searching for an enthusiastic Product Development Manager to oversee the development of new category portfolios as well as assist in fulfilling its growth strategy.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, this role will be responsible for the conception, design, ordering and development of goods through the creation of prototypes, testing/sampling of products and fine-tuning designs until they are ready for production. You will also assist in the ideation of products and create product designs that meet the businesses strategic goals.
You will work closely with both national and international suppliers to produce quality products that are in line with samples and the businesses quality standards and direction.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to make an impact on a growing business to attract new consumers through expanding their offering into new and exciting territories.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Prior experience operating at a Product Manager or Product Development Manager level or similar within the consumer goods / homewares / apparel space or similar
- Previous experience sourcing products from international manufacturers and suppliers
- Experience in supporting on product ideation, design as well testing and drafting specifications for manufacturing
This role will be well suited to a proactive candidate with a can-do attitude and hands on approach. You will have strong stakeholder, communication and time management skills and will enjoy working with external suppliers. You will be comfortable to manage tasks as well as challenge the status quo and think outside the square, driving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
Internally, the team enjoy a culture driven by quality, innovation and exceptional customer experience. The business is proud of their collaborative culture and driving career development.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lucy Garrido for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail or Digital feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!