About the company
This company is an Australian owned wholesale supplier of products and services to the outdoor and leisure market. Despite economic challenges they have maintained their growth and market share with further opportunity to increase this. Located in the SE Suburbs, they require an experienced Product Development Manager to drive innovation and quality across all business units.
About the Role
The purpose of the Product Development Manager is to drive and manage the sourcing, purchasing and innovation, whilst ensuring quality assurance is paramount within the product and category development. Selling through a variety of channels, stakeholder engagement is pivotal both locally and overseas. This role reports into the CEO and has one direct report immediately with potential to grow the team further.
Skills & Experience
Your previous experience managing products on an end to end basis will lead you to succeed, as will:
- Working knowledge of the leisure and outdoor sector with an underpinning relevant degree
- Clear communications on all aspects of product sourcing, including progress reports, updates and revised specifications/pricing/artwork.
- Work with suppliers and or 3rd party inspection companies to ensure all relevant QA procedures are completed and product is dispatched on time. Knowledge of AGA and Energy Safe Vic is mandatory.
- Strong commercial acumen and being able to understand and ensure the adherence of supplier agreements as well as the ability to negotiate new contracts
- A history of identifying market trends and a track record of developing successful products.
This is an amazing opportunity and time to join a growing business with inclusive work culture. You will be reimbursed above market rate and have autonomy in growing the team around you.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB19996
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.