About the company
This privately owned food manufacturer and processor has seen sustained growth and volume over the years through constant innovation and capital investment. Located near Ballarat with other regional processing facilities, they have created a role for a Product Development Technologist to manage the whole NPD process.
About the role
Working directly with the customers/suppliers and internal functions, the Product Development Technologist is responsible for delivering projects in line with customer specifications, industry trends and new technologies. Reporting to the Product Manager, you will develop new products, reformulate existing and take these from concept to commercialisation. You will also be responsible for running factory trials and ensuring that labelling, packaging, and raw materials are complaint. New equipment validation will be another aspect as they are currently heavily investing in new technology.
Skills & Experience
Ideally degree qualified in food Science, food technology or an engineering discipline; you will have experience in food manufacturing plants most likely in the meat, high risk, dairy or other food ingredients sectors. Your expertise will include:
- The ability to research, develop and manage product innovation projects within a commercial processing environment.
- Familiar with equipment validation and configuration in the plant
- Skills in food testing techniques for both functional and sensory properties.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and project management skills will be critical to your success.
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to grow your career.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on or 0422076399 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB20941
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.