About the company
This is a medium sized snack foods manufacturer with global backing. They have successful existing brands in the local market as well as a busy private label business for the major retailers. The brand is all about healthy snacking, and their innovation pipeline is focused on bringing more of these products to the market, capitalising on current and past successes.
About the role
As the Product Development Technologist you'll be developing and commercialising new products from end to end. You will be working closely with marketing to develop innovation plans and executing NPD as per those plans, engaging stakeholders across the business and working with suppliers. As well as new innovations, you'll scrutinise the current product portfolio to identify opportunities to improve product characteristics, or to reduce costs.
We're looking for the following:
- Food Science/Technology degree
- Product Development experience in the food industry
- Snack or healthy category experience would be advantageous
- High degree of interest in healthy and 'better for you' food products
- Able to balance somtimes conflicting NPD priorities, and work with stakholders such as Marketing and external suppliers
This is a great opportunity to develop healthy products for the mainstream market in a category with few genuinely healthy options. As well, working in a medium sized business you will be able to apply your skills much more broadly than in a large business.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion