About the Company
Our client is an Australian company playing within the Hardware industry who have held a prominent position in the world market for more than 40 years. Supplying largely to trade channels (i.e. builders) and also to retail (Bunnings, Mitre 10), they hold predominant share within their category of product and are known for their first-class innovation and speed to market. Due to a maternity leave cover, there is an opportunity to step into the business in a 12-18 month contract role.
About the Role
As Product Manager, you will step into a diverse role with a high level of ownership, working across the two brands within the Residential portfolio as well as one direct report. You will work alongside Marketing, Sales and R+D to manage the end to end development of new products to market, working alongside local manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to work across major product launches as well as the launch into new categories.
Note: Part time (4 days) or flexible working arrangements are available for the right candidate.
- Develop and manage the NPD process working closely with the R&D, Marketing + Sales teams to lead and manage the development process including packaging development and development of product launch strategies
- Manage forecasting, sales and margin analysis, pricing strategy development
- Portfolio lifecycle management including recommendations for market entry and exit strategies, NPD, product enhancement and integration
- Involvement within the Integrated Business Planning process
- Tertiary qualification in relevant space eg. Marketing
- End to end product development experience, ideally within the Hardware, Consumer Goods or FMCG space, working with locally based R+D / Innovation / Manufacturing teams
- A highly commercial and analytical nature
- Strong stakeholder management and project management skills
- Experience working with Salesforce is advantageous, but not essential
You will be a driven and committment product specialist with a consumer centric approach, well developed problem solving skills and a focus on quality. You will have a positive, proactive nature, with the ability to work in a nimble and fast paced environment, thanks to your flexible and adaptable nature.
You will have exceptional project and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interpret trends and customer feedback into commercially viable products. You will be diplomatic yet direct in your communication style and comfortable working with cross functional stakeholders at all levels with the ability to adapt your communciation style accordingly.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail or Digital feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!