About the company
Six Degrees Executive have been exclusively engaged to run a search for a Product Manager for a leading global brand in the next phase of growth across the APAC region. One of the most identifiable and trusted brands in the outdoor recreation space, they have identified Australia as the global launch location for their new outdoor range.
About the role
Based on the Gold Coast, and reporting to the Business Manager; the Product Manager will have remit over all activities enabling successful new product launches and ongoing supply of products. The role's key objective is to drive profitable growth through innovative, cost effective, and timely product management.
The core responsibility is developing products and solutions that appeal to end consumers and hence the retailer.
The position is responsible for product life cycle planning, including new product development and launch. The position also encompasses managing the associated support activities, such as; gaining insight into requirements and relevant dynamics and technology shifts among customers and end users, set out book of requirements for new products, assist with development of and drive medium term roadmap for each key product group within the category. High focus on compliance of packaging and shipping labelling to ensure customer requirements are met.
Additional responsibilities involve supporting the Sales Managers AU/NZ to drive channel sales revenue and maximise profitability. The Product Manager will also work in conjunction with fellow Product Managers in Australia, Europe and the U.S. as well as the marketing team to achieve the desired outcomes.
The decisions and recommendations that are expected to be made within this position are:
- Product strategy within the channel
- Product sign-off
- Prioritisation of product development
- Development of new products
- Oversee Marketing Activity, Packaging and Forecasting across the Outdoor products range.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrate an ability to "Project Manage" a team of people toward delivering new product launches
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of Outdoor products
- A solid understand of international purchasing and sourcing
- Competencies in retail product management, involving margin and cost analysis, currencies, rebates, etc.
- A strong skillset in presenting information utilising Microsoft suite of products
- Provide detailed financial product forecasts
- A strong awareness of retail sales trends, products and markets in the Outdoor lifestyle sector
- Ability to set priorities, work autonomously, achieve objectives and resolve issues within an acceptable timeframe
- Ability to liaise with all levels of staff, both internal and external to the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to participate in activities as a team member
- Ability to produce results despite conflicting pressures
- A minimum of 5 years working the Outdoor lifestyle (or similar) sector
- A minimum of 2 years in product management with a successful bringing new products to market
- Possess a passport and be prepared to travel as required by the role.
- Possess a current Drivers Licence.
- Have experience in trade/consumer shows and their operations
- Possess a technical aptitude and understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Represent a global leader who live & breathe their brand
- Extremely financially stable business taking market share off the competition
- Highly supportive management team & team culture like no other!
How to apply
Please apply via the link or call Daniel Pirrone on (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.