About the company
Our Client is one of Australia's largest vertically integrated natural food companies, who manufacture both branded and private label products for key retailers, distributors and industrial users as well as a growing export market. Due to significant growth over the last financial year & substantial future growth prospects both nationally and globally, the business is now seeking a talented Production Planner to join their team.
About the role
Based at their northern suburbs site and reporting to the Supply Planning and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning the short-term production schedule across multiple processing and packing lines to meet supply forecasts. The role will operate across the entire planning function including supply, demand but predominately production/material planning. This is a critical role and will ensure that the flow of materials from forecast through to the production plan are all aligned and executed effectively.
* Create short to medium term production plans based on current forecast, material availability and capacity and labour constraints.
* The generation of run sheets for production staff that minimises equipment change over and maximises DIFOT.
* Weekly reporting of production constraints and attainment to plan.
* Coordinating the flow of raw materials and packaging to meet production requirements
* Review inventory levels daily against production plan and highlight any risks
* Reviewing open orders and forecasts and advise of any possible supply issues
* Review historical sales trends and research demand drivers to determine forecasts for 18 month horizon
* Develop and implement a formalised S&OP process across the site
Skills & Experience
* Production or supply planning experience. FMCG or Pharmaceutical advantageous
* Experience with ERP and planning software.
* A sound understanding of production processes in the manufacturing industry.
* Previous experience in demand planning and S&OP planning essential
* Advanced Excel capability - to macro level
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.