About the company
Our client is an innovative and customer centric direct to consumer retail brand that is disrupting the Australian home and living retail industry. They are one of Australia's fastest growing businesses since establishing 5 years ago and on a mission to help their customers create a beautiful home effortlessly.
About the role
Reporting into the head of merchandise, you will be responsible for spearheading the production, quality and sourcing teams based locally and in China. This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to lead one of the most critical functions in the business.
- Ensure continuity of supply and cost control whilst meeting business targets and ensuring great customer experience.
- Define the strategic sourcing initiatives and supply chain strategy for the business
- Identify new sources of supply and contract negotiation
- Lead all new product development activities
- Lead a team of 5 sourcing and quality experts
- Oversee production plans and quality control with supplier base
- Regular oversees travel to visit suppliers
- 5+ years' proven experience in direct procurement, ideally in a homewares, furniture or consumer goods business
- Prior experience in global strategic sourcing in a start-up environment
- Strong Mandarin and English communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.