About the company
A highly successful food snacking business is currently seeking to add to the leadership team as they embark on a change agenda. Supplying a range of product to the cafe retail sector they own a reputation for taste and quality. Located in the northen suburbs of Melbourne, this is a great opportunity for an experienced and talented production leader.
About the role
The Production Manager, will have full accountability for the site production strategy. Reporting to the Suppy Chain Director, and working closely with quality and maintenance teams, you will ensure the plant delivers on key metrics for safety, quality, cost and efficiency in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment. Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead a team of highly skilled food production technicians;
- Support and develop all staff including supervisors through coaching and mentoring;
- Drive a continuous improvement culture, engaging staff and leading improvement projects;
- Eliminate safety risks and reduce waste;
- Ensure production throughput targets are achieved in line with daily and weekly plans;
- Be accountable for the COGS and labour budget management;
- Manage performance of team members and take action where required;
Skills & Experience
The Production Manager is a key role for this food manufacturer and requires a robust, adaptive leadership style to be successful. You will be an experienced food manufacturing professional, who understands what best practice looks like, but is comfortable working in an environment that is only beginning the journey down this path. The role requires a pragmatic, proactive and solution minded individual, willing to be hands on and work as part of a team leading a business through a change process. You will have a sound understanding of budget management and experience delivering continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost and increase productivity.
Talented Production Managers thrive on a challenge and this business has a positive transformation program in place and the successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity to be part of a long-term success story.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY15985.