About the Company:
Leading global manufacturer of mechanical, electronic and pneumatic components. The primary customer base is the rail and mining industries. Based in Western Sydney, the site is a manufacturing and service operation with 180 employees onsite. This is an assembly, workshop, industrial manufacturing type of environment. The volumes are very much project based. There is also a large service component where customers will send back components for repair, service and overhaul.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role by the business. As a Planning and Scheduling Manager you will be looking after all the production planning and service scheduling activities for the site. The Planning and Scheduling Team will provide a package of work for the Production and Service Team to complete on a day to day business (taking in consideration manpower, material availability, overall capacity). This is a newly created function for the business so there isn't a lot in the way of established systems and processes for you to inherit. The business is really looking for someone to come in with their own knowledge and help set up this function for the site from scratch. You will be building out the processes and systems for this function nationally. This role will have 2 direct reports, but a lot of internal stakeholder contact with other business functions.
- Develop a manufacturing service order scheduling tool that aligns with the customer's Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Release dispatch orders to the team via the Manufacturing and Service Managers and routinely follow up all order until completion.
- Routinely review capacity requirements, confirm capacity requirements and ability to deliver for future projects.
- Coordinate daily production planning meetings with internal stakeholders including Manufacturing and Service Managers and Supervisors.
- Schedule manpower and resources, coordinate with internal stakeholders around timeframes.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years working experience in planning or scheduling role.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing a planning and scheduling process, system and tools.
- Experience leading production planners and schedulers in a fast paced engineering environment.
- Very accessible location - 5 minutes walk from the closest train station.
- Free undercover staff parking.
- Attractive compensation package.
Recruitment Process / How to Apply:
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w HR and Production Manager
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour w Production Manager
- Testing and References
- Offer to start
Click on the APPLY button if you are interested.