About the company
This global manufacturing company is a household name that goes hand in hand with their World Class Standards. Based in Melbourne's South East, their state-of-the-art facility has received huge investment to further enhance their equipment and manufacturing processes in line with strict regulations and compliance. Having recently altered their structure as part of an ambitious growth strategy, they are looking for experienced Managers to help achieve this.
About the role
As a Production Shift Manager, you will be accountable for the deliverables of all aspects within the manufacturing process (fill, inspect and packing). The ability to drive Continuous Improvement in a highly regulated environment is key and your leadership style will keep staff motivated and engaged in driving efficiency. The site operates on a 24/5 basis and you may be required to work on rotating shifts if cover is required. Whilst reporting into the Production lead, you will 3 x direct and up to 60 indirect reports.
Skills & Experience
This role is key to driving quality, safety and efficiency within the plant and the successful candidate will possess the following:
- People Leadership - to coach, develop, inspire and lead teams with a common goal and set expectations
- Tertiary qualified in engineering or science-related discipline (or equivalent), such as Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Materials Science
- Demonstrated experience and a track record of getting results in the FMCG or Pharmaceutical industry
- Exposure to technical writing
- A Continuous Improvement mindset and a history of implementing LEAN/6Sigma methodologies
This company is a global company that recognizes their employees hard work, they offer career opportunities locally and overseas, inhouse training and further development.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on (03) 8613 3517 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB16071.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.