About the company
This is a well-known chemicals company with multiple Major Hazard Facility sites in Australia, producing a high grade product that is ubiquitous in its application. A business-defining opportunity has come up due to the introduction of new technology never before implemented in Australia that will drive not only a huge business continuity benefit, but a tremendous sustainability improvement for their local operations.
About the role
You will be the key point of accountability reporting to the CEO for the delivery of this project, achieving the best business outcome and delivering to schedule and budget. In doing so you'll build out a project team incorporating senior stakeholders from all contributing business units (legal, commercial, WHS etc) and an execution team, you'll engage tier 1 engineering and construction suppliers, ensuring safe execution and full compliance with major hazard facility requirements, as well as taking a lead in managing feedstock and technology partners.
We're looking for a seasoned campainger in the major projects space:
- Likely an engineering degree (or other relevant business related degree)
- Significant experience in companies operating major hazard facilities (chemicals, oil and gas etc)
- Strong commercial acumen and holistic manufacturing and supply chain knowledge
- Client-side experience driving major capital projects (at least $100m CAPEX)
- Experience managing high level relationships with suppliers, partners and third parties (including contracts, legal requirements etc)
Aside from the obvious financial perks of a (very) senior role such as this, it is an opportunity to do something truly important in the chemicals space - not only will you be leading a project that ensures contuniuty of operations for this large employer in Australia protecting hundreds of livelihoods, but you'll drive a highly significant sustainability and environmental change. You'll have a chance to work with novel technology, and to lead a team of people who share this passion and are similarly mission-oriented. Few projects have the potential to offer this level of fulfillment, and all based in the inner Melbourne suburbs.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 0431 557 927 for a confidential discussion