About the company
This is a global blue chip pharmaceutical manufacturing business with a strong name and reputation for delivering high quality medicines and health care products that improve health outcomes for patients facing serious illness. The site is expanding with significant investment in their local opertations including new products and increasing capacity.
About the role
As the Project Manager you will take ultimate responsibility for the successful integration of this proven pharmaceutical product to the Melbourne site. This project is truly end to end in that you will have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, working closely with local and global stakeholders taking a product from the development stage through to the scoping, development and commission of a new production process, product registration and other regulatory requirements. You will manage a project budget in the tens of millions and ensure the schedule is managed closely, while also using your experience to mitigate potential risks. This role directly manages other engineers both formally as well as part of the project.
We're looking for a proven pharmaceutical professional with the capability to deliver this critical project, likely you will have:
- A relevant tertiary degree in engineering (mech, chem, elec) or science (biomedical, pharmaceutical)
- Demonstrated experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical production and packaging processes, as well as regulatory requirements
- Ideally experience in new product integration
- Ability to effectively engage stakeholders at site level as well as regionally and globally
- Strong Project Management skills and methodology
This is a rare opportunity to genuinely take ownership of a complex and critical project with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, these roles do not come around very often. This business has a strong leadership culture of providing succession opportunities internally as well as a lot of investment in their local operations, having successfully delivered a high profile project like this would set you up very well for future opportunities.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion