About the company
This multi-billion dollar global manufacturing business has operations throughout Australia including a large production site in South Eastern suburbs Melbourne. They operate a complex facility with multiple plants and several hundred staff and contractors, producing products for both the consumer and business-to-business channels. As part of their site-wide improvement agenda they are seeking a Project Manage to scope and execute on some known waste reduction opportunities.
About the role
The Project Managaer will conduct feasibility, scope and execute projects to deliver identified waste reduction opportunities across multiple sites in Victoria and NSW. Projects relate to waste water utilities and chemicals. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the opportunity on site, identify and engage stakeholders across the business towards a proposed solution, justify the return on investment, and execute it to achieve the best possible business result.
We're looking for a broadly experienced manufacturing professional from an engineering background:
- Relevant engineering degree (ideally process/chemical)
- Relevant manufacturing background (chemicals, industrial etc)
- Broad understanding of manufacturing operations
- End to end project management experience
- Ability to raise and justify a strong business case
- Proven stakeholder engagement skills - ability to align cross-functional stakeholders to an objective
- Commercial acumen - ability to create strong relationships with suppliers, manage contractors on project activities
If a contract role suits you, this is one that will give you a high degree of autonomy to truly deliver something end to end. You will have influence over every stage of the project which will deliver significant cost savings to a large production site.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan for a confidential discussion on 03 8613 3551