About the company
Our client, Eastern Health is one of Melbourne's largest metropolitan public health services. They provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age and socio- economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Communications, and as an integral member of the Communications Department, the primary focus of the Public Relations & Strategic Communications Advisor is in utilising new and existing relationships to enhance the strategic opportunities for Eastern Health. Integral to this position is the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with government, community and other key stakeholders across health and other sectors, as well as active collaboration with internal senior leaders.
- Identify and develop positive content, project or engagement activities emanating from the programs and services provided by or opportunities for Eastern Health.
- Identify and engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and focus on achieving optimal results for Eastern Health, such as influencing change, attracting new collaborations and awareness (service changes, Royal Commission, etc).
- Stay abreast of the broader strategic environment to identify opportunities to the benefit of Eastern Health and its leaders.
- Work with the Eastern Health leadership team to build, develop, and grow business, community and government relationships vital to the success of the organisations strategic outcomes.
- Develop plans to outline the policy, media, marketing and communications objectives to support the activities of the Chief Executive across various projects and forums.
This role will involve some out of hours' media and communications on-call work on an ad-hoc and rostered basis including overnight and on weekends.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior management, develop professional and effective communications for a range of audiences and deliver engaging presentations
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the demonstrated ability to produce clear and succinct reports, proposals and presentations
- Proven experience developing high-quality strategic communication plans with measureable outcomes.
- Some experience in proactive and/or reactive media management including crisis communications would be beneficial.
- Able to travel between Eastern Health sites and support the delivery of communication deliverables.
- Victorian driver's licence.
Our client offers a variety of fantastic employee benefits, including:
Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Applications will be screened upon receipt
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maisie Sheffield at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3535 for a confidential discussion.
Please note you must have Australian work rights to apply for this position. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.