About the company
Proudly Australian owned and manufacturing a sought after premium food product, this business has a clear road map for future growth. This is a great opportunity to an experience professional to join their passionate team and assist in ensuring an effective procurement and materials supply process.
About the role
The category manager is a critical procurement role responsible for driving sound commercial outcomes for this organisation through category planning and execution, sourcing and ongoing supplier management activity. Key accountability includes:
- Liaise with local and overseas suppliers on costs, payemmt terms and lead times
- Creating PO's and maintaining supplier details in MYOB
- Following up on deliveries, working with forwarders, and notifying warehouse
- Production requirements planning according to schedule
- Managing COGS model and updating product and supplier files
- Input into design and implementation of new SAP based ERP system
- Managing ad hoc projects from sourcing to implementation
Skills and experience
To be considered you must be a proven senior buyer or procurement specialist with experience in a broad role in a small to medium to manufacturing organisation.
The apply to the role, please apply on the link below. If you have any further queries, please call Christine Armadass on (03) 861 3513.