This client is a leading Australian manufacturer of quality branded consumable products used in the industrial, consumer, mining, and construction markets. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Purchasing Officer to join their collaborative team and be part of transformation change to improve their purchasing processes.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Review supplier notified pricing and prepare documented impact
- Order and manage overseas shipments
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on demand
- Manage the purchasing cycle, including generating requisitions, PO creation
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials
- Purchase products competitively
- Establish optimal quantity to purchase, quality required and cost impact
- Manage and resolve issues regarding purchase order relating to invoice discrepancies Provide uninterrupted flow of materials
- Manage the relationships with suppliers, freight forwarders and customs agents
- Database management using an ERP
This role is based in Wetherill Park and has free on site parking. They also operate a hybrid model of working with flexibility to work from home and in the office.
To be successful for this role, you will be an experienced Purchasing Officer or Purchasing Planner who will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical capabilities and proficient user in excel
- Excellent stakeholder management, organisation and influencing skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Experienced with Local and Import purchasing processes
Click on APPLY NOW or contact Kirsty Burton on for further information.