Our client, a market leading food supplier are seeking a Purchasing officer to join them on a 12 month fixed term basis. They pride themselves on delivering high quality food to the services and retail sector nationally.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing purchasing activities and managing supplier relationships/
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the purchasing function and communicate any supply issues which may impact on manufacturing operations
- Manage and monitor daily inventory and place orders with suppliers for dry materials
- Forecasting and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Analyse long lead time items and place PO's
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in procuring raw materials
- Supplier management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Qualification in supply chain or purchasing
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.