About the Company
Are you looking to be part of an innovative company that is serious about health and nutrition? Our client is constantly evolving, and they are going through an exciting phase with a strong growth trajectory. The team is passionate about sustainability and this great Aussie brand has become a market leader voted by consumers within the Australian, UK and European markets.
About the Role
This is an operational and strategic role to lead the quality, food safety and NPD agenda for their developing product range in beverages with a medium-term plan to move into other nutritional food products. They need an expert to bring their quality control and technical development in-house and establish and develop robust quality systems and frameworks for risk and compliance. Working with the existing team, you need to have a high attention to detail, and the ability to work autonomously and make strategic decisions to enable the business to grow. The ability to work closely with co-manufacturers will be highly regarded, with extensive experience in Quality Management ideally in a FMCG Manufacturing environment. Working cross functionally, you will develop action plans that enhance existing processes and drive quality improvements, lead innovation in the areas of complaint management and quality systems, and navigate new markets implementing the quality strategy.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Determining, negotiating, agreeing, and documenting in-house quality procedures, standards, and specifications to ensure consistency and controlled production standards across multiple packing locations.
- Proactively working on new innovation streams with marketing, producing samples, cost optimisation, labelling and regulatory compliance
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science and/or Food Technology
- The ability to bring ideas to the table and know "What Good Looks Like" and "Right First Time".
- Experience interpreting and working with relevant food standards (FSANZ, FDA and FSA) and understanding the fundamentals of GFSI food safety programs preferred (BRC/SQF 2000)
- Min 5 years' experience in relevant Quality/Technical roles within FMCG
- A strategic mindset with a highly collaborative leadership style, the ability to influence without authority, attention to detail and strong problem-solving capabilities will be highly regarded.
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team - locally and globally
- Attractive salary package on offer with Lower North Shore location, corporate fun team
- Innovative, dynamic, fast paced environment.
How to Apply
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Sandy Tuckwell on 0413 133 255 for a confidential discussion or email