Located in Hong Kong, with a footprint spread right across Asia, our client is one of Asia's most successful retailers. They are seeking to appoint a Quality Manager into their Private Label category spanning the full suite of grocery products.
- Reporting to the Group Q.A. Director you will oversee a team of Quality specialists supporting the development of private label products. Facilitate the coaching, mentoring of all Group and Local staff with respect to the Group QA Strategy for Food and Non-Food (Grocery) and Merchandising team across all businesses.
- Develop and implement quality driven processes and procedures according to the Group's business needs. You will also be responsible for the management of the QA Team by providing direct leadership, direction, and mentorship.
- Support the daily QA / Technical needs of Group Procurement and Brand Team by providing technical, regulatory, process, and ingredient expertise in the development of concepts of products.
- Work with suppliers to resolve technical and process issues to ensure products are delivered to brief, and system are in place to secure products are consistent with the required quality at launch and post launch.
- Oversee and maintain all third-party agencies relationships with respect to 'Testing / Auditing' to ensure they are consistently producing safe, legal and consistent products for consumers.
- Ensures that all Brand items consistently meet product specifications with regards to 'Quality' parameters.
The successful candidate
- Degree with a major in Food Science / Engineering / Manufacturing or other Science related degree.
- Min 8-10 years' experience in Retail / Manufacturing or other senior management role.
- Retail / Food industry Third party experience with at least 7 years' experience in Retail: Product Development and / or Quality Management roles.
- QA / QC Management Program experience in HACCP, GMP, GFSI, ISO 9001, ISO 22000 (Development and implementation).
- Commercial acumen (former experience in marketing / product development is strongly preferred).
- Experience working for, or managing accounts with a multi-national company or retailer regionally.
- Independent, effective leader with strengths in strategic planning and implementation.
- Asian languages are a plus.
The organisation will offer a competitive salary package with full relocation assistance and work visa. For a confidential discussion please call Stephen Montague on 02 8024 7144 or apply via the appropriate link.