About the company
A privately owned market leader in the consumer goods sector and based in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. This company operates across multiple sites and has GMP/TGA accreditations. They take pride in their environmentally conscious products and are looking for a proven R&D Chemist to take responsibility of the laboratory, and to grow their career with a business that has doubled profits in the last few years.
About the role
The role of the Research and Development Chemist is to develop innovative and technically advanced new products and reformulated products for the business. The role also ensures all new products are developed to meet or exceed the requirements of the relevant brief and are being developed on-time in line with business requirements. Reporting in to the Group R&D Manager, you will be hands on and driven with the technical acumen to back it up. You will develop innovative and technically advanced new products and reformulates existing products. Furthermore you will manage and execute projects from start to finish.
Skills & Experience
This role is critical in maintaining and improving the product portfolio and laboratory performance and in order to be successful in the role you will possess the following attributes:
- Degree or higher in Science preferably Formulation Chemistry, Materials Science, Organic Chemistry or similar
- FMCG/Pharmaceutical experience with proven experience in formulation of emulsions
- Extensive experience in the development and formulation of personal care, cosmetics and therapeutic products
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to liaise cross-functionally to achieve business objectives
- Leadership skills in the laboratory and the ability to mentor and guide assistants
This company offers a competitive salary and a chance to grow your career with long term succession planning an aim of this position
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on (03) 8613 3517 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB17618.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.