- Develop, lead & execute product line strategy for coal market
- Highly capable, collaborative, strategic commercial team
- Unique blend of NPD projects, commercial business case & operating model plan development.
About the company
Rail freight provides the backbone to Australia's economy, sustainably transporting heavy bulk commodities through a national logistics network and into key global export markets. Investment into this critical infrastructure (which is massive in itself) pales only in comparison with the scale of GDP derived from our mining exports such as coal and iron ore. This high profile Australian operator has an extremely large national footprint, operating 24/7 to ensure our economy's heart keeps beating.
With an impressive leadership team and huge appetite for transformation, investment and innovation, this critical role joins a highly strategic commerical team during a period of unprecendented growth, with a remit to improve it's product & service offering and drive competitive advantage into the future.
About the role
This senior role will own the product strategy for a signficantly important customer segment, coal mining. Understanding market dynamics including customer needs and competitors offerings, you will be responsible for developing and executing projects that enhance and improve commercial outcomes, deliver operational efficiency gains and guide long term investment in assets.
A mix of Program Management, Project Management, market analysis, new product development, strategy & execution and engineering R&D, the role will engage and influence stakeholders from C-Suite, Planning, Asset & Operational teams, Commercial & Finance through to supporting strategic board decisions. This is a role which will leave a legacy.
- Program Management pipeline of innovation projects
- Develop & Execute product strategy, maximising coal product line profitability
- Define the product & service category value proposition, pricing & cost position
- Input to 5 year strategic plan, operating model strategy, rolling stock asset plans
- Market, competitor & customer analysis to identify needs, gaps and opportunities
- Deliver financial performance targets
Skills & Experience
- Program Management & value engineering experience
- Design experience ideally in rolling stock or heavy bulk transport
- Deep knowledge of coal mining market
- Highly developed commercial acumen, deal layering & complex business case development & presentation for CAPEX approval.
- Management Consulting experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
With new owners investing in people, this business is enjoying a period of unprecedented growth that has attracted an impressive & engaged leadership team who have a vision for the future based on innovation to maximise commercial returns.
- Join an impressive, collaborate team driving commercial strategy & product innovation
- Relaxed head office environment, work life balance
- Career pathways across a large national business servicing multiple sectors
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ben Maurer on 02 8024 7188 for a confidential discussion.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.