About the company
Our client is an iconic Australian manufacturer with a complex national production and distribution network. They are based in the Western suburbs of Melbourne and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced supply chain professional to head up their regional logistics function.
About the role
Reporting through to the Head of Logistics and leading a team of 4 direct reports + indirects, the Regional Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing multiple warehousing and distribution facilities and managing a range of 3PL transport partners to optimise customer service levels and drive down cost to serve. Specific accountability includes:
- Leading a team of 20+ staff across multiple warehouses, ensuring that safety remains the number one priority and championing a 'customer first' mindset.
- Managing the performance of multiple 3PL transport partners by recommending optimal transport modes, routes and equipment.
- Partnering closely with national production and supply chain planning teams to ensure the timely staging of raw materials and optimise inventory holdings across a multi-site distribution network.
- Lead and participate in cross functional strategic supply chain projects and initiatives as required.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive warehousing and transport management experience, ideally on a regional or multi-site scale and in a manufacturing or 3PL environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and improving the performance of large 3PL partners.
- A track record of success in safety management and the creation of high performing teams.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on (03) 8613 3556 for a confidential discussion.