About the company
As a reputable and trusted name, my client is a genuine Australian success story, whose retail organisational growth and evolution continues. They have been in business for more than 40+ years, operating in a competitive environment, with their continued success based on superior customer service, innovation and an extensive product range. Our client requires an exceptionally talented senior retail operations manager who will be given the opportunity to act commercially and drive the business in line with company values and its core service philosophies across the South East portfolio of stores.
About the role
This is a senior management position with a focus on the development and leadership of all Retail Business Managers and teams. As part of the Retail Leadership Team in Victoria, the role will be responsible for working closely with the other Regional Managers to ensure consistency of retail and operational projects across the network, to drive the performance of the retail team within the framework of strategic business plans.
The Regional Manager reports in to the Victorian Zone Manager supporting the day-to-day control of their spaces, along with overseeing and ensuring the consistent delivery of the exceptional customer service and operational excellence. This role is responsible and accountable for the execution of business plans in their given portfolio and the achievement of all financial targets as determined in the annual financial plan.
- Drive sustainable revenue growth, positive accountability and ownership across all management levels.
- Full regional P&L accountability
- Coach, advise and mentor the career and life goals of your team
- Ensure buy-in from key stakeholders and manage initiatives through to execution
- Contribute to the development of retail concepts and provide feedback to the senior management team on the success of new store or counter designs and concepts
- In conjunction with Zone Manager, to set business plans. This includes new store and counter openings, refurbishments and profitability targets per door.
- Assist in the development of complete profit and loss and cash flow budgets and forecasts
- On a monthly basis, attend retail meetings and contribute to their understanding of company expectations, what improvements are necessary, business progress, new product launches, new store and account openings and any other pertinent information. Communicate general company strategies and events as required.
- Collaborate and influence key stakeholders to ensure high retail standards and performance
- Monitor and contribute toward the execution of the plan by the marketing team and provide feedback on results.
- Communicate to internal and external contacts to ensure an accurate and faithful representation of our products, philosophy and positioning.
- Identify opportunities to ensure continued development and growth of team, working with the Retail Managers to address any areas of concern regarding the standard of product knowledge or customer service delivery
- Drive the performance at each store and their region from sales to profit
- Management of store inventory, including obsolete and overstocks to ensure a high availability rate to the customer
- Plan, participate and drive in promotions and sales focused events
- Retention & Succession
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience in retail management or operations roles with organisations with a high growth agenda and or a Consumer led retail organisation a must
- Experience in managing a fast paced and dynamic workforce as well as performance management principals and procedures
- Capability to build customer and trade relations
- Strong attention to detail
- Shows initiative and proactively presents and escalates ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure outstanding results
- Strong written and verbal communication and language skills
- Demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions and drive business performance. Strong financial acumen
- Change management expertise and proven experience driving successful performance programs across organisations
- A strong sense of urgency to achieve consistently clear goals, expectations and procedures
- Being part of a dynamic and growing business.
- Constantly evolving providing ongoing opportunities for career development and progression
- Outstanding work culture and ethos, with the autonomy to drive your own portfolio
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.