About the company
This is an innovative, well established and well recognised food and beverage manufacturer with operations based in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. Always seeking opportunities to transform their business, they have identified opportunities across their engineering function. Historically rhey have relied significantly upon their maintenance team to deliver reliability improvements, however they are now investing in a new role to separate the day to day front line maintenance from longer term and more sustainable reliability improvement.
About the role
The Reliability Engineer is responsible ultimately for improving the long term reliability of the production facility. Primarily, you'll determine the criticality of various assets, identify the service life of current assets, optimise spare parts, drive a root cause analysis mindset across the team, work with trades to improve the delivery of maintenance activities, analyse breakdowns to deliver sustained solutions, drive continuous improvement in maintenance and reliability, and improve the cost of maintenance among other things.
This is an early-mid level role. We're looking for either an engineer or trades background with experience in a reliability role:
- Engineering degree (likely mechaincal) or trades background
- Experience in a manufacturing based reliability engineer role
- Relevant product background such as food, beverage, dairy or industries that have strong reliability focus such as steel, petrochem etc
- Confident communicator across organisational levels whether speaking to the trades team or to an owner
- Ability to work well cross-functionally - include stakeholders and teams on changes and initiatives to ensure success
Being a brand new role and the first of its kind within a business where previously the focus has been on front line maitnenance, there is a lot of opportunity to drive a significant level of change and improvement across this site. This is a role where you can genuinely take a high degree of accountability over the direction of the reliability program within a growing engineering and management structure.
How to apply?
Click on the APPLY button to apply for this role confidentially. Contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 if you have any questions prior to applying.