About the Company
Our client's vision is that the global R&D teams will provide a continuous pipeline of market led innovative products and technologies that are unique, with sustainable advantages to meet global best practice. This iconic brand is committed to 100% recycled fibres and managing their carbon footprint.
About the Role
As a motivated, agile, performance driven Research Scientist, you will be part of a R & PD business that is advancing the development of key technologies in composite building products. You will have the opportunity to follow the latest research, work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. You will have a continuous improvement mind set and demonstrate an adaptable thinking style to drive innovation.
The Core Responsibilities
- Conduct literature reviews via scientific academic papers, technology scans, industry research to progress our foundational knowledge in our key technology areas to further develop our intellectual property resulting in breakthrough, improved, innovative new products
- Use of scientific methodology and experimental design to plan and conduct experiments in mechanical or chemical laboratories to understand failure analysis of current FC material as well as build knowledge to progress our technology areas.
- Lead trials and experimental planning, experimental design and execution, and data analysis
- Conduct research and testing to trouble shoot and problem solve manufacturing problems and research projects
- Deliver presentations and make sound recommendations to the R&D senior leadership team based on strong scientific experimentation and data analysis.
- Drive the delivery of all technical tasks for a project from concept to implementation and handover to product development.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cement, polymer, or composite materials,
- Knowledge and/or experience in material property and performance characterization using mechanical, physical, and/or chemical testing/analysis, computational/analytical modelling of materials properties
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the operation various characterisation techniques, for example FTIR, SEM, XRD/XRF, QUV, thermal analysis and/or mechanical testing
- Demonstrated ability to participate in many projects concurrently with flexibility to quickly change focus to meet the challenging business requirements of Research and Development.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemistry, or Inorganic Chemistry
- Ideally at least 4 years technical experience, and a PhD in Materials Science would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated critical and agile thinking, with the ability to conceptualise ideas and articulate concepts in a consultative manner
The business prides itself on a culture of collaboration and innovation; where Smart, Driven and Real people can thrive. One of the core values is to operate with respect. In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and bonus component based on individual performance.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sandy Tuckwell on 0413 133 255 or click on the Link to apply