About the company
Our client is a Global sportswear retailer, leading the way in style and innovation across performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products. With further growth plans across retail and e-commerce channels in the Australian market, this role will play a key part in delivering the merchandise strategies for the retail and e-commerce divisions.
In this business critical role, you will lead a team of 3 to develop and manage the merchandise plans for the retail and e-commerce channels of the business, to deliver maximum sales, margin and profit for the business.
- Prepare and manage the planning processes and strategy for the businesses retail and e-commerce channels
- Set the seasonal OTBs, productivity targets, stock levels, and GP targets
- Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB
- Maintain merchandise assortment plans in conjunction with the retail buyer
- In conjunction with other functional leads implement marketing and promotional strategies to optimise sales performance
- Determine Grade and allocation plans by store to maximise sales and optimise SOH
- Drive the markdown cadence to manage in-season profitability and maximize sell thru
- Analyse store performance and ensure optimal allocation and replenishment of stocks
- Prepare reports to inform and influence management on various issues related to the buy plan and stock and sales
- Analyse historical statistical data for all retail measures to help develop future plans
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 3 direct reports
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' experience in a merchandise planning role
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Prior team management experience
- Computer literate with advanced excel skills.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information
- Bachelor's degree qualified, ideally in Business or relevant field
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.