About the Company
An exciting opportunity to join a FMCG food manufacturing company based in the South East of Melbourne. The organisation is spread across a variety of food categories all shared with the same values. Safety is a core focus within the group, and they are looking for an experienced professional to spearhead the operation. With their head office in the CBD, and multiple manufacturing facilities in Melbourne, the role being recruited is a Safety and Compliance Manager.
About the role
The role will join the people, culture, and safety department with the purpose to be responsible for setting, identifying, and evaluating risk and opportunities to improve health, safety and wellbeing practices and behaviours for team members across the organisation.
The role will need to drive communication and engagement through people safety risk, compliance, injury management and safety leadership. This will involve working with each site's safety team to ensure there is a uniformed approach across the business.
Critical to the role will be the ability to understand how the safety industry is evolving and inform the business of these changes and updating policies and procedures. It is integral to the position to be a champion of the workplace towards the health, safety and wellbeing culture and being a role model to the company.
Skills and Experience
This is an exciting and integral role within the business for future growth and your experience and skill set will include the following:
- WHS diploma qualification, preferably tertiary degree or equivalent.
- Ideally experience in a FMCG food manufacturing environment.
- Experienced manager in relevant HSE role with a track record of achieving quality and food safety culture.
- Managing experience with the ability to lead change in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Strong stakeholder management, including partnering, influencing, facilitation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience setting governance frameworks, managing compliance programs, auditing, and reporting.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact on the safety culture of an organisation and be an integral part of the future of the organisation. With an ambitious growth agenda this is an opportunity to be an essential service to a business and be a part of a unique story.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on 0422076399 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB20933.