About the company
Six Degrees Executive have been engaged to run a search for a new Sales Director Asia Pacific on behalf of a global organisation who manufacture & distribute equipment into the marine & boating industry, both OE & Aftermarket. This leading global brand are in the next phase of growth across the APAC region and are now looking for an experienced strategic commercial leader who can spearhead the growth agenda through organic activities and identifying acquisition opportunities across the region.
About the role
Reporting to the President for the region based in Asia and working closely with the ANZ MD based in Melbourne, this critical senior leadership role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the regional sales, marketing and distribution strategy across the key client portfolio within the marine & boating market.
- Develop and implement strategic sales & marketing plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Provide input to the President for sales forecasting activities and set performance goals in line with company objectives
- Recruit, coach and develop a high performing sales team across the region
- Review the go to market strategy and work out what resources are required to grow both through organic and acquisition activities
- Analise the current product portfolio and brands the organisation represents in the market to make sure they are aligned to the current business climate and target markets
- Explore new business opportunities through representation of new equipment and new markets to enter
- Conduct business reviews, project manage new product launches.
- Represent the brand at regional industry events both in ANZ and Asia
- Be responsible for sales pipeline, forecasting and margin control
- Build deep strategic relationships at multiple levels within the client portfolio - both OE & Aftermarket
- Work internally with the head of product development APAC regarding product research and development
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned business leader with experience from within the Boating & Marine or Automotive Aftermarket space.
- You will have a track record of building key relationships with small and large corporate style organisations
- Have well rounded business acumen however with a core skill-set in growing businesses and leading sales teams
- Ideally have technical mind-set or experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who are degree qualified
- A hands-on leader who can switch between strategic and tactical activities with ease
- Experience of doing business in the Asia would be highly advantageous
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of basic marketing principles
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Overall be a highly engaging sales leader who drives results, makes quality driven decisions, manages through complexity, and cultivates a high performing sales focused culture
- Work with a highly engaged local and global leadership team
- Head up the buiness across Aisia Pacific
- Very supportive team culture
- Highly attractive executive level package on offer which will be tailored to attract the best qualified candidate in the market
- This role forms part of the leadership team and will have a strategic input into the day to day running and growth of the marine division
- Represent leading innovative global brands/products
- Global career opportunities for further advancement
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on 0450481815 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC20071.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.